South America and North America are filled with diverse countries and cultures. Each region with its own struggles—whether political, environmental, or economic. But at the center of all these matters are human hearts that long to know who they are and whose they are.
- 35 countries make up North and South America comprised of almost 1 billion people.
- Latin America is the most urbanized continent in the world with almost 80% of its citizens living in cities.
- In 2019, millennials surpassed baby boomers as the largest living adult generation in the United States.
- The United States has the highest incarceration rate in the world, with nearly 2.2 million adults in America’s prisons and jails at the end of 2016.
- On average, 40% of the employed population of Latin America earns wages below the minimum established per country and that proportion is much higher among women (48.7%) and young people aged 15-24 (55.9%).
The challenge for this region of the world is not a lack of God’s Word in their own languages as much as it is a lack of engagement with it. Without a grounding in His Word, our human hearts will choose violence over peace, the temporary over the eternal, and the quick fix over joy-filled obedience. Only in the life-transforming Word of God, the prisoner finds freedom, the child finds unconditional love, and the leader finds empowerment.