A Physicians Testimony
COVID-19 SPECIAL EDITION
- This resource helps those who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic to
explore the good news of God’s love as shown in Jesus’ sacrifice on Calvary. Jesus can
meet each person’s deepest needs, even during a frightening global crisis.
- A Physician’s Testimony Special Edition uses the Gospel of Luke as its basis.
- Chapter and verse numbers have been removed so that the text reads like the story it
was intended to be.
- The eyewitness testimony to the life and ministry of Jesus by Luke, the doctor, is
introduced in the context of an illness that threatens the whole world, and some
practical guidelines are given of how to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The reader is invited to find the answers to the questions:
Who does Luke say Jesus is?
What is Jesus’ significance?
What does it mean for me?
The Overcomers is a first response to provide tweens and teenagers with are source during the global COVID-19 pandemic. It begins the process of helping them find comfort in the midst of the uncertainty and anxiety they are experiencing. Based on Scriptures taken from the easy-to-read NIrV Bible, it assures tweens and teenagers of God’s love and care for them. It provides practical tips and exercises to build emotional resilience and spiritual fortitude. This guide gives tweens and children the basic tools required not just to survive the pandemic, but ultimately – through faith in Jesus and trust in God – to become overcomers.