Daily Manna for Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Daily Manna is a daily Bible devotional service provided by Biblica. The Scripture is provided in many forms and is new every day. It is a great way to receive the encouragement and hope found in the Word of God.
The [reverent] fear of the Lord [that is, worshiping Him and regarding Him as truly awesome] is the beginning and the preeminent part of knowledge [its starting point and its essence];
But arrogant fools despise [skillful and godly] wisdom and instruction and self-discipline.
My son, hear the instruction of your father,
And do not reject the teaching of your mother.
For they are a garland of grace on your head,
And chains and ornaments [of gold] around your neck.
My son, if sinners entice you,
Do not consent.
If they say, “Come with us;
Let us lie in wait to shed blood,
Let us ambush the innocent without cause;
Let us swallow them alive like Sheol (the place of the dead),
Even whole, as those who go down to the pit [of death];
We will find and take all kinds of precious possessions,
We will fill our houses with spoil;
Throw in your lot with us [they insist];
We will all have one money bag [in common],”
My son, do not walk on the road with them;
Keep your foot [far] away from their path,
For their feet run to evil,
And they hurry to shed blood.
Indeed, it is useless to spread the baited net
In the sight of any bird;
But [when these people set a trap for others] they lie in wait for their own blood;
They set an ambush for their own lives [and rush to their destruction].
So are the ways of everyone who is greedy for gain;
Greed takes away the lives of its possessors.
Daily Manna RSS feeds
- Dansk | Bibelen på hverdagsdansk (BPH)
- Deutsch | Hoffnung für Alle (HOF)
- English | Amplified Bible (AMP)
- English | King James Version (KJV)
- English | New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- English | New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
- English | New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
- English | New International Version (NIV)
- English | New Living Translation (NLT)
- English | The Message (MSG)
- Español | Nueva Biblia al Día (NBD)
- Español | Nueva Versión Internacional (Castilian) (CST)
- Español | Nueva Versión Internacional (NVI)
- Français | La Bible du Semeur (BDS)
- Ilonggo | Ang Pulong Sang Dios (HLGN)
- Nederlands | Het Boek (HTB)
- Português | Nova Versão Internacional (NVI-PT)
- Português | O Livro (OL)
- Română | Nouă Traducere În Limba Română (NTLR)
- Svenska | Nya Levande Bibeln (SVL)
- Русский | New Russian Translation (NRT)
- Русский | Священное Писание (Восточный Перевод) (CARS)
- Русский | Священное Писание (Восточный перевод), версия для Таджикистана (CARST)
- Русский | Священное Писание (Восточный перевод), версия с «Аллахом» (CARSA)
- العربية | Ketab El Hayat (NAV)
- ภาษาไทย | Thai New Contemporary Bible (TNCV)
- 한국어 | Korean Living Bible (KLB)
- 日本語 | Japanese Living Bible (JLB)
- 汉语 | Chinese Contemporary Bible (Simplified) (CCB)
- 汉语 | Chinese Contemporary Bible (Traditional) (CCBT)
- 汉语 | Chinese Union Version (Simplified) (CUVS)