A [a]mountain of God is the mountain of Bashan;
A mountain of many peaks is the mountain of Bashan.
Why do you look with envy, O mountains with many peaks,
At the mountain which God has desired for His abode?
Surely the Lord will dwell there forever.
The chariots of God are [b]myriads, thousands upon thousands;
[c]The Lord is among them as at Sinai, in holiness.
You have ascended on high, You have led captive Your captives;
You have received gifts among men,
Even among the rebellious also, that [d]the Lord God may dwell there.
- Psalm 68:15 Or mighty mountain is
- Psalm 68:17 Lit twice ten thousand
- Psalm 68:17 Another reading is The Lord came from Sinai into the sanctuary
- Psalm 68:18 Heb Yah
- Psalm 68:20 Heb YHWH, usually rendered Lord
- Psalm 68:20 I.e. in view of; lit for