Contrast of the Righteous and the Wicked
The proverbs of Solomon.
A wise son makes a father glad,
But a foolish son is a grief to his mother.
[a]Ill-gotten gains do not profit,
But righteousness delivers from death.
The Lord will not allow the [b]righteous to hunger,
But He will [c]reject the craving of the wicked.
Poor is he who works with a negligent hand,
But the hand of the diligent makes rich.
He who gathers in summer is a son who acts wisely,
But he who sleeps in harvest is a son who acts shamefully.
Blessings are on the head of the righteous,
But the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.
The memory of the righteous is blessed,
But the name of the wicked will rot.
The wise of heart will receive commands,
But [d]a babbling fool will be [e]ruined.
He who walks in integrity walks securely,
But he who perverts his ways will be found out.
He who winks the eye causes trouble,
And [f]a babbling fool will be [g]ruined.
- Proverbs 10:2 Lit Treasures of wickedness
- Proverbs 10:3 Lit soul of the righteous
- Proverbs 10:3 Lit thrust away
- Proverbs 10:8 Lit the foolish of lips
- Proverbs 10:8 Lit thrust down
- Proverbs 10:10 Lit the foolish of lips
- Proverbs 10:10 Lit thrust down