Prayer and the Golden Rule
“[a]Ask, and it will be given to you; [b]seek, and you will find; [c]knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you [d]who, when his son asks for a loaf, [e]will give him a stone? Or [f]if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!
- Matthew 7:7 Or Keep asking
- Matthew 7:7 Or keep seeking
- Matthew 7:7 Or keep knocking
- Matthew 7:9 Lit whom his son will ask
- Matthew 7:9 Lit he will not give him a stone, will he?
- Matthew 7:10 Lit also will ask