Prayer for Defense against Enemies.
For the choir director; on stringed instruments. A [a]Maskil of David, [b]when the Ziphites came and said to Saul, “Is not David hiding himself among us?”
1Save me, O God, by Your name,
And [c]vindicate me by Your power.
2 Hear my prayer, O God;
Give ear to the words of my mouth.
3 For strangers have risen against me
And violent men have sought my [d]life;
They have not set God before them. [e]Selah.
Notas al pie
- Psalm 54:1 Possibly Contemplative, or Didactic, or Skillful Psalm
- Psalm 54:1 1 Sam 23:19; 26:1
- Psalm 54:1 Lit judge
- Psalm 54:3 Or soul
- Psalm 54:3 Selah may mean: Pause, Crescendo or Musical interlude
- Psalm 54:4 Lit as those who sustain
- Psalm 54:5 Lit The evil will return
- Psalm 54:5 Or those who lie in wait for me
- Psalm 54:5 Or Put to silence
- Psalm 54:5 Or truth
- Psalm 54:6 Or With a freewill offering
- Psalm 54:7 Or it; i.e. His name
- Psalm 54:7 Or distress
1Save me, O God, by thy name, and judge me by thy strength.
2 Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.
3 For strangers are risen up against me, and oppressors seek after my soul: they have not set God before them. Selah.
4 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.
5 He shall reward evil unto mine enemies: cut them off in thy truth.
6 I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O Lord; for it is good.
7 For he hath delivered me out of all trouble: and mine eye hath seen his desire upon mine enemies.