1亞當生塞特，塞特生以挪士， 2以挪士生該南，該南生瑪勒列，瑪勒列生雅列， 3雅列生以諾，以諾生瑪土撒拉，瑪土撒拉生拉麥， 4拉麥生挪亞，挪亞生閃、含、雅弗。
5雅弗的兒子是歌篾、瑪各、瑪代、雅完、土巴、米設、提拉。 6歌篾的兒子是亞實基拿、低法、陀迦瑪。 7雅完的兒子是以利沙、他施、基提、多單。
8含的兒子是古實、麥西、弗、迦南。 9古實的兒子是西巴、哈腓拉、撒弗他、拉瑪、撒弗提迦。拉瑪的兒子是示巴、底但。 10古實也是寧錄之父，寧錄是世上第一位勇士。 11麥西1·11 「麥西」意思是「埃及」。的後代有路低人、亞拿米人、利哈比人、拿弗土希人、 12帕斯魯細人、迦斯路希人、迦斐托人。非利士人是迦斐托人的後代。
13迦南生長子西頓和次子赫。 14他的後代還有耶布斯人、亞摩利人、革迦撒人、 15希未人、亞基人、西尼人、 16亞瓦底人、洗瑪利人和哈馬人。
17閃的兒子是以攔、亞述、亞法撒、路德、亞蘭、烏斯、戶勒、基帖、米設。 18亞法撒生沙拉，沙拉生希伯。 19希伯有兩個兒子，一個名叫法勒1·19 「法勒」意思是「分開」。，因為那時，世人分地而居；法勒的兄弟叫約坍。 20約坍生亞摩答、沙列、哈薩瑪非、耶拉、 21哈多蘭、烏薩、德拉、 22以巴錄、亞比瑪利、示巴、 23阿斐、哈腓拉、約巴。這些都是約坍的兒子。 24閃生亞法撒，亞法撒生沙拉， 25沙拉生希伯，希伯生法勒，法勒生拉吳， 26拉吳生西鹿，西鹿生拿鶴，拿鶴生他拉， 27他拉生亞伯蘭——又名亞伯拉罕。
以實瑪利的長子是尼拜約，其餘的兒子是基達、押德別、米比衫、 30米施瑪、度瑪、瑪撒、哈達、提瑪、 31伊突、拿非施、基底瑪。這些人都是以實瑪利的兒子。 32亞伯拉罕的妾基土拉所生的兒子是心蘭、約珊、米但、米甸、伊施巴、書亞。約珊的兒子是示巴和底但。 33米甸的兒子是以法、以弗、哈諾、亞比大和以勒大。這些都是基土拉的子孫。
34亞伯拉罕的兒子以撒生以掃和以色列。 35以掃的兒子是以利法、流珥、耶烏施、雅蘭、可拉。 36以利法的兒子是提幔、阿抹、洗玻、迦坦、基納斯、亭納、亞瑪力。 37流珥的兒子是拿哈、謝拉、沙瑪、米撒。
38西珥的兒子是羅坍、朔巴、祭便、亞拿、底順、以察、底珊。 39羅坍的兒子是何利和荷幔，羅坍的妹妹是亭納。 40朔巴的兒子是亞勒文、瑪拿轄、以巴錄、示非、阿南。祭便的兒子是亞雅、亞拿。 41亞拿的兒子是底順。底順的兒子是哈默蘭、伊是班、益蘭、基蘭。 42以察的兒子是辟罕、撒番、亞干。底珊的兒子是烏斯和亞蘭。
比珥的兒子比拉，他定都亭哈巴。 44比拉死後，波斯拉人謝拉的兒子約巴繼位。 45約巴死後，提幔地區的戶珊繼位。 46戶珊死後，比達的兒子哈達繼位，定都亞未得，他曾在摩押地區擊敗米甸人。 47哈達死後，瑪士利加人桑拉繼位。 48桑拉死後，大河邊的利河伯人掃羅繼位。 49掃羅死後，亞革波的兒子巴勒·哈南繼位。 50巴勒·哈南死後，哈達繼位，定都巴伊，他的妻子名叫米希她別，是米·薩合的孫女、瑪特列的女兒。
51哈達死後，在以東做族長的人有亭納、亞勒瓦、耶帖、 52亞何利巴瑪、以拉、比嫩、 53基納斯、提幔、米比薩、 54瑪基疊、以蘭。這些人都是以東的族長。
From Adam to Noah’s Sons
1The descendants of Adam were Seth, Enosh, 2 Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared, 3 Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech, 4 and Noah.
The sons of Noah were[a] Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Descendants of Japheth
5 The descendants of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras.
6 The descendants of Gomer were Ashkenaz, Riphath,[b] and Togarmah.
7 The descendants of Javan were Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim, and Rodanim.
Descendants of Ham
8 The descendants of Ham were Cush, Mizraim,[c] Put, and Canaan.
9 The descendants of Cush were Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah, and Sabteca. The descendants of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan. 10 Cush was also the ancestor of Nimrod, who was the first heroic warrior on earth.
11 Mizraim was the ancestor of the Ludites, Anamites, Lehabites, Naphtuhites, 12 Pathrusites, Casluhites, and the Caphtorites, from whom the Philistines came.[d]
13 Canaan’s oldest son was Sidon, the ancestor of the Sidonians. Canaan was also the ancestor of the Hittites,[e] 14 Jebusites, Amorites, Girgashites, 15 Hivites, Arkites, Sinites, 16 Arvadites, Zemarites, and Hamathites.
Descendants of Shem
17 The descendants of Shem were Elam, Asshur, Arphaxad, Lud, and Aram.
18 Arphaxad was the father of Shelah.
Shelah was the father of Eber.
19 Eber had two sons. The first was named Peleg (which means “division”), for during his lifetime the people of the world were divided into different language groups. His brother’s name was Joktan.
20 Joktan was the ancestor of Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah, 21 Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah, 22 Obal,[h] Abimael, Sheba, 23 Ophir, Havilah, and Jobab. All these were descendants of Joktan.
24 So this is the family line descended from Shem: Arphaxad, Shelah,[i] 25 Eber, Peleg, Reu, 26 Serug, Nahor, Terah, 27 and Abram, later known as Abraham.
Descendants of Abraham
28 The sons of Abraham were Isaac and Ishmael. 29 These are their genealogical records:
The sons of Ishmael were Nebaioth (the oldest), Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam, 30 Mishma, Dumah, Massa, Hadad, Tema, 31 Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah. These were the sons of Ishmael.
32 The sons of Keturah, Abraham’s concubine, were Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah.
The sons of Jokshan were Sheba and Dedan.
33 The sons of Midian were Ephah, Epher, Hanoch, Abida, and Eldaah.
All these were descendants of Abraham through his concubine Keturah.
Descendants of Isaac
34 Abraham was the father of Isaac. The sons of Isaac were Esau and Israel.[j]
Descendants of Esau
35 The sons of Esau were Eliphaz, Reuel, Jeush, Jalam, and Korah.
37 The descendants of Reuel were Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
Original Peoples of Edom
38 The descendants of Seir were Lotan, Shobal, Zibeon, Anah, Dishon, Ezer, and Dishan.
39 The descendants of Lotan were Hori and Hemam.[m] Lotan’s sister was named Timna.
The descendants of Zibeon were Aiah and Anah.
41 The son of Anah was Dishon.
The descendants of Dishon were Hemdan,[p] Eshban, Ithran, and Keran.
42 The descendants of Ezer were Bilhan, Zaavan, and Akan.[q]
The descendants of Dishan[r] were Uz and Aran.
Rulers of Edom
43 These are the kings who ruled in the land of Edom before any king ruled over the Israelites[s]:
Bela son of Beor, who ruled from his city of Dinhabah.
44 When Bela died, Jobab son of Zerah from Bozrah became king in his place.
45 When Jobab died, Husham from the land of the Temanites became king in his place.
46 When Husham died, Hadad son of Bedad became king in his place and ruled from the city of Avith. He was the one who destroyed the Midianite army in the land of Moab.
47 When Hadad died, Samlah from the city of Masrekah became king in his place.
48 When Samlah died, Shaul from the city of Rehoboth-on-the-River became king in his place.
49 When Shaul died, Baal-hanan son of Acbor became king in his place.
50 When Baal-hanan died, Hadad became king in his place and ruled from the city of Pau.[t] His wife was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred and granddaughter of Me-zahab. 51 Then Hadad died.
The clan leaders of Edom were Timna, Alvah,[u] Jetheth, 52 Oholibamah, Elah, Pinon, 53 Kenaz, Teman, Mibzar, 54 Magdiel, and Iram. These are the clan leaders of Edom.
Notas al pie
- 1:4 As in Greek version (see also Gen 5:3-32); Hebrew lacks The sons of Noah were.
- 1:6 As in some Hebrew manuscripts and Greek version (see also Gen 10:3); most Hebrew manuscripts read Diphath.
- 1:8 Or Egypt; also in 1:11.
- 1:12 Hebrew Casluhites, from whom the Philistines came, Caphtorites. See Jer 47:4; Amos 9:7.
- 1:13 Hebrew ancestor of Heth.
- 1:17a As in one Hebrew manuscript and some Greek manuscripts (see also Gen 10:23); most Hebrew manuscripts lack The descendants of Aram were.
- 1:17b As in parallel text at Gen 10:23; Hebrew reads and Meshech.
- 1:22 As in some Hebrew manuscripts and Syriac version (see also Gen 10:28); most Hebrew manuscripts read Ebal.
- 1:24 Some Greek manuscripts read Arphaxad, Cainan, Shelah. See notes on Gen 10:24; 11:12-13.
- 1:34 Israel is the name that God gave to Jacob.
- 1:36a As in many Hebrew manuscripts and a few Greek manuscripts (see also Gen 36:11); most Hebrew manuscripts read Zephi.
- 1:36b As in some Greek manuscripts (see also Gen 36:12); Hebrew reads Kenaz, Timna, and Amalek.
- 1:39 As in parallel text at Gen 36:22; Hebrew reads and Homam.
- 1:40a As in many Hebrew manuscripts and a few Greek manuscripts (see also Gen 36:23); most Hebrew manuscripts read Alian.
- 1:40b As in some Hebrew manuscripts (see also Gen 36:23); most Hebrew manuscripts read Shephi.
- 1:41 As in many Hebrew manuscripts and some Greek manuscripts (see also Gen 36:26); most Hebrew manuscripts read Hamran.
- 1:42a As in many Hebrew and Greek manuscripts (see also Gen 36:27); most Hebrew manuscripts read Jaakan.
- 1:42b Hebrew Dishon; compare 1:38 and parallel text at Gen 36:28.
- 1:43 Or before an Israelite king ruled over them.
- 1:50 As in many Hebrew manuscripts, some Greek manuscripts, Syriac version, and Latin Vulgate (see also Gen 36:39); most Hebrew manuscripts read Pai.
- 1:51 As in an alternate reading of the Masoretic Text (see also Gen 36:40); the other alternate reads Aliah.